Thursday, May 8, 2008

War in Communication, Reaching Others

(my own design of a creative writing piece)

War is described in the dictionary as: active hostility or contention; conflict; contest: a war of words. Although there are many other different definitions, this one can be extended to ideas of war on poverty, drugs, people, etc. In my personal life, the war in communication sticks out most to me. How has our technology evolved over recent years? Text messaging is mostly how we communicate, how we relay messages, how we have our regular conversations everyday. Using my own text messages (the last 50 or so; which are in bold) I twisted words and produced my own writing on the conflict between people communicating.

I saw you called, why?
are you alive?

you never back this up
well, I'm sorry I missed it
Are you awake?
What are you doing?

This feeling of not reaching you
shattering
Where are you now?
I can't hear you.

Frustration.
Don't stay wherever you're at now
I'm home, I'm here, Wish you were here
Please Leave.
No satisfaction.
How do I know what is going on?
To those by my side,
Let's drink to this.
I just wanted to ask, a few simple questions
When are you done?
I miss you
But I don't... I don't forgive you
I just want to know what's up
Is this my routine in life... am I supposed to be here?
or there?
Last said:
"girl, you want to call me and tell me whats going on?
I want to know why you're upset?"

I wish I could take a safe ride back to you
How do I know you don't talk to your ex's the same?
Just come.
I can prove it to you,
When is the next time I can see you?
So my final point, I just want to see your face
Even a picture might do me justice now.
come down.
See you in 10?
So irresponsible.

Confusion.
How come you don't talk to me anymore?
Silence.
Do I deal with you any longer?
Or let it be? Let you go?

No comments: